Thursday, September 13, 2007

# 23 Final Thoughts

It has been a long journey, complicated by the fact we were down two people in the branch for most of the summer. Getting an overview of the various technologies will be useful in my job. I did sign up for Merlin to hopefully keep abreast of technology in Maryland. Flickr was especially interesting to me as I really wasn't familiar with it at all. I think I could get into it on a personal basis and it is good that you can limit access. I remember a discussion years ago about doing storytimes and booktalks in a video format -- and now we have podcasting! Folksonomy tagging is so logical. The avatar was just fun. I would be interested in this type of training in the future -- with it being a little simpler, maybe not so many elements.

1 comment:

IrmBrown said...

Good Job! Congratulations. I think it's great that you persevered. I hope you had a enough "take-aways" to make it worthwhile.